This session is full. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to CHADD's email list in order to be notified when the next class is scheduled.
This is a two-session course that will be held online. You will need a computer, internet access and either speakers or headset with microphone to participate. If you do not have computer speakers or have trouble hearing over your computer, you can connect the audio to your phone by dialing the phone number and entering the access code provided.
Dates & Time: Obstacles to Creating an ADHD-Friendly Home Environment, March 7, 2018, 7:00-8:30 pm EST. and Strategies for Creating an ADHD-Friendly Home Environment, March 14, 2018, 7:00-8:30 pm EST.
Course Fee: $49.00
Is life at home a little chaotic and stressful? Throughout this course, family members will learn about obstacles to creating an ADHD-friendly home environment and strategies to create an ADHD-friendly home environment to help ensure the success of children with ADHD. The training is provided by a certified Parent to Parent Teacher. Information is provided from the experienced parent's perspective. It will provide you with tips and strategies for creating an ADHD-Friendly home environment for your child with ADHD. This course is part of the Parent to Parent: Family Training on ADHD program. The program is a series of courses providing information and strategies for parents of children with ADHD.
Objectives: Obstacles to Creating an ADHD-Friendly Home Environment
• Describe the challenges that children with ADHD have with self-control (self-regulation)
• Understand the common behavior deficits that are related to ADHD
• Learn about the common language disorders that co-occur with ADHD
• Describe how challenges with executive functioning are related to "inner language"
• Explain why structure and routine are important for children with ADHD
• Compare the different types of environments that result in chaos and stress for families
• Analyze how a parent's ADHD affects the home environment
• Describe the feelings and reactions that a sibling may experience
• Describe how ADHD affects the parents' relationship and why they disagree
Objectives: Strategies for Creating an ADHD-Friendly Home Environment:
• Explain proactive and reactive strategies
• Describe behavior management strategies
• Understand communication strategies
• Learn about structure and routines
• Describe organization tips and strategies
• Explain parenting strategies when the parent has ADHD
• List parenting and behavior strategies to use for siblings without ADHD
• Analyze parent cooperation strategies
In addition to the class you will receive a Parent to Parent Resource PDF full of helpful articles, tips and worksheets to use in your own family. The resources may be downloaded DURING the class.
Can't attend? Register for the course and receive the recording immediately after the live training via email.
Questions: email@example.com(240) 487-2321