THE NICHOLAS COSTA UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP
Funds provided through the generosity of the Cushman Family Foundation.
CHADD will be accepting applications for the Nicholas Costa Undergraduate Scholarship beginning March 1, 2023. In honor of Nicholas Costa’s outstanding dedication to help improve the lives of people with ADHD, an undergraduate scholarship program was created to assist students with ADHD in obtaining a degree from a two-year or four-year college. The award will help to cover tuition expenses for the upcoming fall 2023 semester.
Designed to encourage students with ADHD to pursue their passions and fulfill their educational objectives, the scholarship represents an investment in our nation’s future leaders.
Through the program, CHADD supports up to five undergraduate students with a $2,000-$5,000 scholarship to help support undergraduate tuition at a two-year or four-year college or university. Scholarships are funded thanks to the generosity of the Cushman Family Foundation.
Each applicant must be a US citizen enrolled full-time at any accredited US college or university. The applicant must have and maintain at least a 2.9 cumulative grade point average.
The deadline for applications to be received by CHADD for the fall 2023 semester is June 30, 2023.
Each application package must contain the following as PDF documents (maximum 12 pages, including transcript). Please convert all other file types to PDF before submitting:
- Application form (please save a copy to your device and fill out the PDF form)
- Transcript (GPA 2.9 or higher), as a scanned copy of your most recent transcript—high school or college/university
- Proof of registration for college, as a scanned copy of your registration for the upcoming fall or spring semester
- Two letters of recommendation from school officials or other knowledgeable individuals attesting to the student’s interests, aptitude, and associated occupational skills including creative thinking, decision making, leadership, and team-building skills.
- Statement, no more than two pages in length, concerning the applicant’s interest in attending college, career goals, and other pertinent factors which illustrate qualifications for the scholarship.
Please email your application package (application, transcript, proof of registration, recommendation letters, and statement) to undergrad@CHADD.org.
The deadlines refer to the dates by which CHADD must receive an applicant’s complete application in a readable format. The awards administrator will confirm receipt within one week and will also notify applicants of any problems with application files within that time.
If you have any questions regarding the Nicholas Costa Undergraduate Scholarship, please email the awards administrator at undergrad@CHADD.org.
Congratulations to the scholarship recipients for the spring 2023 semester!
- Cole Clift
- Leah Earp
- Maggie Moncado