Broken Resolutions? How Students with ADHD can Achieve Academic Success in 2023 without Lofty New Year’s GoalsAsk The Expert
January 31, 2023 7 PM Central Time
Ann K. Dolin MEd
Many students with ADHD find that focusing on big goals for the New Year seems unattainable because turning intentions into actions is often a challenge.
But building specific strategies, rather than trying to keep up with (sometimes) unrealistic New Year’s resolutions, can help students with ADHD stay focused and motivated for the second half of the school year.
This approach can empower K-12 students and make a huge difference in personal and academic outcomes. Routines, habits, and goals help children build essential life skills, including planning ahead, staying organized, and doing it without a fight.
In this webinar, author, educator, and CHADD’s Attention magazine advisory board member, Ann Dolin, MEd, will share practical tips and strategies to help your child develop a plan and the know-how to get it done in 2023.
Join this webinar to learn:
- Strategies to increase your child’s focus, productivity, and perseverance
- How to use powerful questions instead of telling kids what to do to foster independence and responsibility
- Simple ways to create daily routines that can make a big difference in getting and staying organized
- Research-based ways to prevent the disconnect between what a parent sees as the problem and the areas a child is willing to accept help
- How to help resistant children overcome roadblocks and achieve what they set out to do
Presented by CHADD’s Midwest Regional Center.
Ann Dolin, MEd, is the president and founder of Educational Connections. Ms. Dolin is a former Fairfax County, Virginia, public school teacher with nearly thirty years of teaching and tutoring experience.
She founded Educational Connections with the goal of providing individualized one-to-one instruction based on each student’s learning style. Today her company’s 120 tutors, executive function coaches, and college consultants help students nationwide keep up and get ahead in school.
A recognized expert on education and learning disability issues, she has delivered hundreds of presentations focusing on academic achievement and parenting issues. She is also the author of the award-winning book Homework Made Simple: Tips, Tools, and Solutions for Stress-Free Homework.Register